Marico Ltd. is one of India’s leading consumer products companies operating in the beauty and wellness space. The company is currently present in 25 countries across emerging markets of Asia and Africa. Marico has nurtured multiple brands in the categories of hair care, skin care, edible oils, health foods, male grooming, and fabric care.
Marico has 8 factories in India located at Pondicherry, Perundurai, Kanjikode, Jalgaon, Paldhi, Dehradun, Baddi and Paonta Sahib.In Bangladesh, Marico operates through Marico Bangladesh Limited, a wholly owned subsidiary. Its manufacturing facility is located at Shirirchala, in Dhaka Division. Over the years, Marico has been able to run the business efficiently by using its three key assets – brand, talent and culture to deliver sustainable business and earnings growth.
The company’s consolidated revenue for the quarter ended December 2016 came in at Rs 14.17 bn, registering a 7.4% y-o-y decline primarily driven by 9.5% y-o-y decline in revenue from India. Domestic sales contributed 76.3% to Q3FY17 revenue. EBITDA for the quarter fell by 6.1% y-o-y to Rs 2.72 bn with a corresponding margin expansion of 28 bps largely due to 11% y-o-y decline in advertisement and sales promotion. The PAT for the quarter came in at Rs 1.92 bn, a y-o-y decline of 6.8% due to 44% y-o-y increase in other income.
- Business description – A detailed description of the company’s operations and business divisions
- Corporate business strategies – Analyst’s summarization of the company’s business strategies
- Major products and services – A descriptive list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Company history –Major milestones achieved by the company
- Stock details- Ticker code at BSE and NSE, Market capitalization, Share price, 52 week relative performance at BSE, share holding pattern for the recent quarter
- Major Mergers & Acquisitions trends-a descriptive strategic acquisitions done by the company during the course of operations
- Financial Analysis- Five year financial summary; financial performance analysis of the company- a yearly and quarterly
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years – The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements with 5 years history.
- Cost structure- Five year cost structure analysis as percentage of sales
- Industry and peer competitors – Competitive economic environment in the industry and comparative financial analysis of peers.
- SWOT Analysis – A detailed analysis of the company’s strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Recent developments and Investment-Includes recent activities and strategies followed by the company and investments done and planned for future
- Outlook- Outlook of the industry with growth drivers
- Analysts’ view on the company with forecast for two year period.
- Supplemented with graphs and tabular information wherever necessary
REASONS TO BUY
- Quickly enhance your understanding of “Marico Limited“
- Gain insight into the marketplace and a better understanding of internal and external factors which could impact the industry.
- Increase business/sales activities by understanding your competitors’ businesses better.
- Recognize potential partnerships and suppliers.
- Examine potential investment and acquisition targets with this report’s detailed insight into the company’s strategic, business and operational performance.
- Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research purposes. Key elements such as SWOT analysis and corporate strategy are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
TABLE OF CONTENT- Marico Limited
- Key Strengths
- Business Strategies
- Brands visibility
- Financials of Marico
- Five year performance Analysis (FY2012-2016)
- Annual performance Analysis (FY2016 vs FY2015)
- Consolidated Performance
- Product Performance
- Brand Performance
- Geographical Performance
- Standalone Performance
- Quarterly performances Analysis (July-September 2016 July-September 2015)
- Domestic Business
- International Business
- Segmental Performance
- Cost structure analysis as percentage of Total Income
- Peer comparison analysis as percentage of Net income
- Competitors mentioned:
- Dabur India Ltd
- Godrej Consumer Products Ltd
- Bajaj Corp Ltd
- Emami Ltd
- SWOT Analysis
- Future Growth Strategies
- Outlook and Analyst view
LIST OF TABLES- Marico Limited
- List of Key Employees
- Stock Details
- Share Holdings–Quarter ending December 2016
- Product Portfolio
- Major Milestones
- Five year Financial Summary (FY2012-2016)
- Key Financial Ratios (FY2012-2016)
- Quarterly Financials (July-September 2015 to July-September 2016)
- Cost structure as percentage of Total income (FY2012-FY2016)
- Peer Comparison as percentage of Net income (FY2016)
- Market Leadership-Marico
- Heat Chart-Peers (FY2016)
- Income Statement Forecast (FY2017 and FY2018)
LIST OF FIGURES- Marico Limited
- Relative performance of Stock at BSE (Recent 52 Week period)
- Company Performance (FY2012-FY2016)
- Consolidates Sales Breakup-FY2016
- Geographical Performance-FY2016
- Cost Structure as percentage of Total Income (FY2016 vs FY2015)
- Peers Performance (FY2016)